BET ANNOUNCES SPONSORS FOR THE 2014 BET EXPERIENCE AT L.A. LIVE PRESENTED BY COCA-COLA®
THREE DAY EVENT TAKES PLACE JUNE 27 – 29, 2014
NEW YORK, NY (JUNE 16, 2014) – BET Networks announced today that the sponsors for the 2014 BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-Cola® includes Sprite®, Nissan, Pantene, Grey Goose Vodka, AT&T, AT&T U-verse, Target, Progressive, Jordan Brand, King.com, GEICO, Rush Card, Poetic Justice Jeans and Time Life Music.
The BET Experience (BETX) at L.A. LIVE Presented by Coca-Cola® is a three day festival taking place June 27 – 29, 2014 that will feature music and comedy concerts taking place at Club Nokia and STAPLES Center, “106 & PARK” tapings in Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE, BET Fan Fest at the Los Angeles Convention Center, seminars, celebrity basketball games and various celebrity meet & greets, GRAMMY® Museum exhibits and other special appearances. The weekend will be capped off with the “BET Awards” 14 on Sunday, June 29 at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE.
Sponsors for the 2014 BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-Cola® include:
• Coca-Cola® - As BETX’s first presenting sponsor, Coca-Cola® will introduce the centerpiece of its activation at Fan Fest on Saturday and Sunday. Coca-Cola® for the first time will bring to life the World of “AHH” - the indescribable refreshing feeling that you can only get from a sip of ice-cold
Coca-Cola®. The World of “AHH” will bring to the stage refreshing performances and appearances by some of the hottest, most followed Internet sensations. There will also be interactive games, opportunities for fans to get personalized Coca-Cola® cans with their name, other cool prizes and photo opportunities in the Coca-Cola® photo booth. Additionally, Coca-Cola® will return as sponsor of the live broadcast of “106 & Park” on Saturday, June 28 from Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE.
Coca-Cola® will unite dance enthusiasts to help kick-off the BETX weekend by sponsoring Latin Night on Thursday, June 26 at The Conga Room. Filled with a night of music and dancing, fans will enjoy live performances by Grammy-Winning Latin Artist La Santa Cecilia and Urban Pop Duo Domino Saints. This year’s Latin Night will be a Coca-Cola® celebration of dance featuring live Capoeira and Samba dancers. Plenty of ice-cold Coca-Cola® will be on hand to keep guests refreshed throughout the celebration.
• Sprite® - Sprite® is the presenting sponsor of Saturday night’s hip-hop concert at STAPLES Center headlined by the reunion of OutKast and other popular artists. Additionally, Sprite® will sponsor the Celebrity Basketball Game, Slam Dunk contest, and Youth Basketball Clinics taking place on the Sprite® Basketball Court at the BETX Fan Fest at the Los Angeles Convention Center on Saturday, June 28 and Sunday, June 29.
BETX is excited to partner with Sprite® as a sponsor of SneakerCon, which is the premier traveling event for sneaker connoisseurs to buy, sell and trade some of the most sought after collectible sneakers on the market. There will be special exhibits of celebrities’ and professional athletes’ sneaker collections as they showcase their passion for unique sneakers.
• Nissan – “Music Matters presented by Nissan” will showcase emerging artists who are a part of the BET Music Matters initiative on Saturday, June 28 (3pm - 4:30pm) and Sunday, June 29 (1pm -3:00pm) at the BETX Main Stage in the South Hall. Nissan will bring at-home viewers closer to the BETX by sponsoring live updates throughout the entire weekend. Nissan will also host an auto display within the “Nisan Surprise Inside” booth at the BETX Fan Fest from 12pm – 9pm. “This partnership with BET and the BET Experience at L.A. Live is the perfect platform for engaging the African-American community in a unique way that generates excitement around the Nissan brand,” said Richard Ash, Senior Marketing Manager Nissan USA “Festival goers will get to interact with some of Nissan’s top models—Rogue, Altima and Sentra, the best-selling compact sedan among African-American consumers—and they’ll have the opportunity to meet their favorite artists from the Music Matters stage.”
• Pantene – Pantene will showcase the beauty and strength of Black women in its Shine Strong Studio Museum. BET fans will engage in conversations around what it means to “Shine Strong” via an interactive experience including declarations, professional photography, and hair services provided courtesy of Shine Strong. Tai Beauchamp, BET’s beauty expert, will uncover all the ways women are shining strong all weekend long.
• Grey Goose Vodka – To continue the days’ celebrations well into the night, Grey Goose Vodka will host three Late Night VIP After parties at the Conga Room @ LA LIVE Friday – Sunday night from 11pm – 4am Grey Goose Le Melon.
• AT&T – AT&T will provide a tech lounge experience called the "AT&T Connection Zone” at the BETX Fan Fest from 12pm - 9pm on both Saturday, June 28 and Sunday, June 29. The Lounge will give BETX attendees the opportunity to "make moves" and interact with the brand, through live checks-ins from BET's 106 & Park, Q&A sessions with social influencers, AT&T products & services, and prize giveaways. In addition, AT&T is the official sponsor of the BETX mobile app, featuring a BET Experience map, customizable schedules, artist & event information and much more!
On Saturday, June 28 at Club Nokia, AT&T U-verse will sponsor the Roots and will bring the funk with both classic and contemporary Hip Hop in the "The Roots Present: Hip-Hop." The World Famous Roots Crew will perform and collaborate via jam sessions, with special guest performances by Warren G, Redman, Method Man, and Doug E. Fresh, playing their biggest hits.
• Target – Target is proud to be the official sponsor of 106 & Park Live on Friday, June 27, which will broadcast live outside STAPLES Center.
• Progressive – On Friday, June 27, Progressive Insurance will sponsor a night of R&B music at the STAPLES Center. The concert will feature performances by award-winning artists Maxwell, Jill Scott, Marsha Ambrosius, and Candice Glover. Doors will open at 6:30pm.
• Jordan Brand – Through a one-hour panel discussion featuring Houston Rapper Bun B, the Jordan Brand will be ‘revealed’ through the lens of Hip Hop. This intimate discussion will chronicle the rise of the Jordan Brand in conjunction with Hip Hop culture with a focus on fashion, design & performance. BET will live stream this session on BET.com
• Candy Crush Saga – Candy Crush Saga will host Sunday night’s performance at STAPLES Center, which will feature performances by Mary J. Blige, Trey Songz and Jennifer Hudson. Doors will open at 7:00pm.
• GEICO – GEICO will sponsor the BETX Film Festival on Saturday, June 28 from 12 – 9 p.m., at Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium. The films include: 1982, They Die by Dawn, Evolution of a Criminal, 12 O’Clock Boys, Confusion Na Wa and the 30th Anniversary of Purple Rain. During the same time, GEICO will activate at a dedicated footprint within the BETX Fan Fest.
• RushCard – RushCard will sponsor the Genius Talks series and Acoustically Speaking Showcases on Saturday, June 28. The Genius Talks series of celebrity discussions will feature real dialogue about culture, entertainment, family, celebrity and more aiming to get to the core of what makes a person a “genius” within their chosen field. Celebrities and important voices scheduled to participate include, Nikki Giovanni, Dr. Mae Jemison, Will Packer, Floyd Merriweather and Mike Tyson. Celebrity interviewers include Doug E. Fresh, Boris Kodjoe among other notables.
Acoustically Speaking is a special showcase highlighting the artistry of talented singer/songwriters who have a knack for demonstrating their unique abilities in an intimate performance setting. After their performance each artist will share their personal musical journeys with the audience. Artists scheduled to perform include Alice Smith, Faith Evans, Talib Kweli, Tank, Stacy Barthe and more!
• Time Life/Soul Train Cruise – Time Life and the Soul Train Cruise will partner with BETX to sponsor a sweepstakes for a chance for fans to win one of two prizes - Soul Train Cruise cabin or tickets to the 2014 Soul Train Awards. Fans who come to the Centric Pavilion within the BETX Fan Fest will be able to enter to win.
• Poetic Justice – Los Angeles based, Poetic Justice Jeans (www.poeticjusticejeans.com) is one of the few brands that specializes in for-curves apparel. The collection will be featured in BET Experience's first ever fashion show which will also showcase some of LA's hottest designers and models.
ABOUT BET NETWORKS
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIA.B), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
BET EXPERIENCE AT L.A. LIVE Presented by Coca-Cola®
BET Networks, an entertainment powerhouse, and AEG, one of the leading entertainment companies in the world and developer/ operator of L.A. LIVE, have teamed up once again to create the BET EXPERIENCE AT L.A. LIVE (BETX), June 27 - 29, 2014 presented by Coca-Cola®. This three-day festival will be filled with music and comedy concerts taking place at Club Nokia and STAPLES Center; “106 & PARK” tapings in Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE; BET Fan Fest at the Los Angeles Convention Center including seminars, celebrity basketball games, celebrity meet & greets; GRAMMY® Museum exhibits and other special appearances. The weekend will be capped off with the “BET Awards” on Sunday, June 29, 2014 at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE.
ABOUT “BET AWARDS”
The BET AWARDS is one of the most watched award shows on cable television according to the Nielsen Company. The BET AWARDS franchise remains as the #1 program in cable TV history among African-Americans, and it is BET's #1 telecast every year. It recognizes the triumphs and successes of artists, entertainers, and athletes in a variety of categories.
AEG is one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Anschutz Company, owns or is affiliated with a collection of companies including over 100 of the world’s preeminent facilities such as STAPLES Center (Los Angeles, CA), StubHub Center (Carson, CA), Best Buy Theater (Times Square, New York), Mercedes-Benz Arena (Shanghai, China), Allphones Arena (Sydney, Australia), Brisbane Convention and Entertainment Center and The O2 arena and entertainment district (London, England). Developed by AEG, L.A. LIVE is a 4 million square foot / $3 billion downtown Los Angeles sports, & entertainment district featuring Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE, Club Nokia, the Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 theater, 19 restaurants the GRAMMY Museum and a 54-story, 1001-room convention "headquarters" hotel/destination. In addition to overseeing privately held management shares of the Los Angeles Lakers, assets of AEG Sports include franchises such as the LA Kings, LA Galaxy and Houston Dynamo and the Amgen Tour of California cycling stage race. Along with AEG Facilities, other global divisions include AEG Live, the world’s second largest concert promotion and touring companies comprised of touring, festival, exhibition, broadcast, merchandise and special event divisions and AEG Global Partnerships, responsible for worldwide sales and servicing of sponsorships, naming rights and other strategic partnerships. In 2010, AEG launched its AEG 1EARTH environmental program featuring the industry's first sustainability report while in 2011, AEG introduced AXS a comprehensive entertainment platform serving as the company’s primary consumer brand including AXS Ticketing which provides fans the opportunity to purchase tickets directly from their favorite venues via a user-friendly ticketing interface, Examiner.com and the AXS TV network. For additional information, visit www.aegworldwide.com
# # #