BET NETWORKS PRESENTS ITS 2015 MEGA-SPECIALS CALENDAR
BET CELEBRATES WOMEN’S HERITAGE MONTH THIS MARCH WITH “BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™”
NEW YORK, NY – January 22, 2015 — BET Networks is pleased to announce the return of its acclaimed music mega-specials for 2015. Soaring to new heights throughout 2014 and delivering unprecedented programming to its audiences, BET Networks continues to provide quality music programs and specials for families and viewers of all ages. As always, viewers at home can expect never before seen musical performances, extraordinary surprises, today’s biggest celebrities and an array of fresh talent throughout each broadcast.
For more information on BET Networks’ mega-specials, visit www.bet.com. Also, join the conversation on twitter for all updates & special surprises @BET and @BET_PR.
RETURNING MEGA-SPECIALS ON BET:
• “THE BET HONORS” The Washington Post says, “The annual BET Honors have just about perfected the ideal mix of glamour, inspiration, humor and sex appeal.” We could not have said it better! “THE BET HONORS” shows the world ‘what extraordinary looks like’ by saluting luminaries whose lives and revolutionary work contribute to and elevate the culture. Airing during Black History Month, “THE BET HONORS” is a shimmering night of dynamic performances and tributes that cross genres and generations.
Phylicia Rashad (Theatrical Arts Award); Usher Raymond (Musical Arts Award); Kanye West (Visionary Award); John W. Thompson (Technology and Business Award) and Dr. Johnnetta Betsch Cole (Education Award) are “The BET Honors” 2015 honorees.
TAPE DATE: January 24, 2015 PREMIERE: February 23, 2015
LOCATION: Warner Theater, Washington, D.C.
BET.com/Honors = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-honors.html
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BETHONORS
• “BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™” is the tribute show that has become a movement. This NAACP Image Award-nominated special is both elegant and impactful, saluting dynamic leaders in entertainment, business, philanthropy, and beyond. Past award honorees include Ruby Dee, Susan L. Taylor, Missy Elliott, Kerry Washington, Taraji P. Henson, Queen Latifah, and Venus Williams. “BLACK GIRLS ROCK!™” celebrates the brilliance and beauty of women who shape our world and uplift our girls.
TAPE DATE: March 28, 2015 PREMIERE: April 5, 2015
LOCATION: NJPAC, Newark, NJ
BET.com/BlackGirlsRock = http://www.bet.com/shows/black-girls-rock.html
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #BlackGirlsRock
• “BET AWARDS” is celebrating its 15th anniversary this summer! The “BET AWARDS” franchise is the #1 Program in Cable Television history among the Black audience, and is still a top 10 awards show on television (Broadcast & Cable) among total viewers. It continues to hold the leadership position because it gathers the biggest stars in music, sports, Hollywood, and philanthropy all on one stage for one incredible night.
PREMIERE: June 28, 2015
LOCATION: Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles, CA
BET.com/BETAwards and BET.com/BETexperience = http://www.bet.com/shows/bet-awards.html
Follow us on Twitter: @BETAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/TheBETAwards
• BET EXPERIENCE @ L.A. LIVE
BET Networks makes its yearly return to Los Angeles for the City of Angels’ biggest music festival, the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE, June 26 – 28, 2014. Teaming up with AEG, one of the leading entertainment companies in the world and developer/operator of L.A. LIVE and STAPLES Center, the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE will feature three days of music and comedy concerts, BET Fan Fest, seminars, GRAMMY® Museum exhibits, a signature food festival, various celebrity meet & greets and other special appearances.
PREMIERE: June 26 – 28, 2015
LOCATION: Los Angeles, CA
For BETX, use this link http://www.betexperience.com
Follow us on Twitter: @BETExperience; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/BETExperience
• “BET HIP HOP AWARDS” returns for its ninth year to highlight hip hop music, with bold performances and breakthrough freestyle cyphers that set social media on fire. This is the one show where the hottest rap stars of today share the stage with the hip-hop icons of tomorrow.
TAPE DATE: October 2015 PREMIERE: October 13, 2015
BET.com/HipHopAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards.html
Follow us on Twitter: @HipHopAwards; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/HipHopAwards
• “SOUL TRAIN AWARDS” the hippest trip in America keeps grooving forward. The iconic brand that defined a generation returns in 2015 with its signature awards show. Featuring never-before-seen musical collaborations and powerful tributes from world-class performers, the “SOUL TRAIN AWARDS” brings you the most revered and promising voices in soul and R&B. Since airing on both networks is always better, the “Soul Train Awards” is simulcast on Centric and BET.
TAPE DATE: November 2015 PREMIERE: November 2015
LOCATION: Orleans Arena, Las Vegas, NV
BET.com/SoulTrainAwards = http://www.bet.com/shows/soul-train-awards.html
Follow the conversation on Twitter: #SoulTrainAwards
• “CELEBRATION OF GOSPEL” features spirited performances and moving renditions by some of today’s hottest and most talented artists from the worlds of gospel and R&B.
TAPE DATE: December 5, 2015 PREMIERE: January 2016
Follow us on Twitter: @BETGospel; like us on Facebook: Facebook.com/BETGospel
About BET Networks
BET Networks, a subsidiary of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), is the nation’s leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel reaches more than 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom and sub-Saharan Africa. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions: BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; CENTRIC, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the 25- to 54-year-old African-American audience; BET Digital Networks - BET Gospel and BET Hip Hop, attractive alternatives for cutting-edge entertainment tastes; BET Home Entertainment, a collection of BET-branded offerings for the home environment including DVDs and video-on-demand; BET Event Productions, a full-scale event management and production company with festivals and live events spanning the globe; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET in the United Kingdom and oversees the extension of BET network programming for global distribution.
# # #
Follow us on Twitter: @BET_PR
Marcy Polanco | BET Networks
212.975.4048 | [email protected]
Byron Edwards | BET Networks
212.975.5633 | [email protected]
Terrece Walker | BET Networks + CENTRIC
212.205.3264 | [email protected]
MEDIA CREDENTIAL INQUIRIES:
Robert Avery| BET Networks
212.205.3159 | [email protected]
Jamie Owens| BET Networks
212.205.3165 | [email protected]