BET’S WHAT TO WATCH & BINGE WEEKS OF THURSDAY, JULY 23 - WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
"Make Em' Say UGH!"
BET PRESENTS “NO LIMIT CHRONICLES,”
A NEW FIVE-PART ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES ABOUT
MASTER P AND NO LIMIT RECORDS
PART ONE AND TWO PREMIERE WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
STARTING AT 9 PM ON BET
Short film series, “BET Her Presents: The Couch,” premieres “Everything is Fine” & “Baby Blue” Saturday JULY 25 at
9 PM ET/PT on BET HER
BET Remembers Congressman John Lewis with Special Tribute “JOHN LEWIS: IN HIS OWN WORDS”
Sunday, July 26 at 7:30 PM ET/PT on BET & BET HER
Select episodes of CBS ALL ACCESS’ “The Good Fight” to air on BET starting Monday, July 27
New York, NY – July 23, 2020 – BET’s must-see programming week of July 23- July 29 includes:
What-To-Watch & BINGE Spotlight
BET PRESENTS “NO LIMIT CHRONICLES,” A NEW FIVE-PART ORIGINAL DOCUSERIES ABOUT MASTER P AND NO LIMIT RECORDS PREMIERES, WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
STARTING AT 9 PM ET/PT ON BET
BET brings audiences the captivating story of Master P and No Limit Records with a new production titled “NO LIMIT CHRONICLES.” The five-part docuseries will recount the remarkable journey of the label, from its extraordinary rise to decline and rebirth to prominence. Featuring candid sit-down interviews from No Limit insiders like Master P, Romeo Miller, Snoop Dogg, Silkk The Shocker, Mia X, Mystikal, Fiend and Mr. Serv-On, in tandem with rare archival footage and dramatic recreations of pivotal events, viewers will get an in-depth look into the saga of this iconic entity which hasn’t been told definitively, until now. “No Limit Chronicles” will premiere Wednesday, July 29, at 9 PM ET/PT on BET.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
- EPISODE 1 “Nightmares & Dreams”: Percy Miller survives poverty, violence, and the deaths of loved ones in New Orleans’ notorious Calliope Projects to become Master P – the visionary behind the No Limit Records Empire.
- EPISODE 2 “Rise of the Tank”: In Richmond, California, Master P builds No Limit, combining brothers Silkk The Shocker and C-Murder with Mia X, Mr. Serv-On, and Beats by The Pound to land the best deal in music history.
Watch trailer here: https://youtu.be/qIF6xuoQmIQ
Episodic images of interviewees: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vckc13uff8qf1hs/AADHJgMTcTFNY7SHqrj00Aona?
For review screeners and show info please contact the Press Contact: Jamie Owens [email protected]
Short Film Series “BET Her Presents: The Couch” premieres
Saturday July 25 at 9 PM on BET HER
BET HER in partnership with producer Tressa Azarel Smallwood of MegaMind Media announces the green light of four female-centric original short films, directed by prominent African American women primarily known for being in front of the camera. Veteran Hollywood stars Kim Fields ("Living Single"), Victoria Rowell (“The Young and the Restless”), Sheryl Lee Ralph ("Moesha") and Vanessa Bell Calloway ("Coming to America" ) are currently in Maryland’s Prince George’s County shooting four 20-minute dramatic short films that will focus on topics vital to today's Black families, ranging from mental health to breast cancer awareness.
Kim Fields steps behind the camera to direct “Baby Blue,” starring Shaquita Smith (“NCIS: New Orleans”) with a cameo appearance by Traci Braxton (Singer – The Braxton Family). “Baby Blue,” written by Nakia Stephens, drops us into the world of a first-time mother who after giving birth to her son, spirals from mild postpartum depression into severe post-partum psychosis. While she gets support with the baby, we see the heart-wrenching consequences of her not getting support for her mental well-being.
“Everything is Fine”
Victoria Rowell is set to direct “Everything is Fine,” starring Charmin Lee (“Just Mercy”), Malachi Malik and a cameo appearance by former NFL star Vernon Davis (Tight End, Washington Redskins). Written by Dez White, the film shows us the charmed life of an affluent Black family that seems to have it all but faces a challenge with their estranged son who struggles to hold onto reality with the confidential help of his younger sister.
Press Contact: Jamie Owens [email protected]
BET REMEMBERS CONGRESSMAN JOHN LEWIS WITH SPECIAL TRIBUTE “JOHN LEWIS: IN HIS OWN WORDS”
SUNDAY, JULY 26 AT 7:30 PM ET/PT ON BET & BET HER
BET will honor the legacy of former U.S. Representative John Lewis with an exclusive news special called “JOHN LEWIS: IN HIS OWN WORDS,” airing Sunday, July 26 at 7:30 PM ET/PT on BET and BET HER. Hosted by CBS News correspondent Jericka Duncan, this BET and CBS NEWS production will weave together compelling footage of the former Congressman’s life and his own inspiring words to present a powerful reflection of his tireless dedication to the non-violent fight for racial equality and justice. The special will trace his momentous journey on the frontlines of history, from the freedom rides to the Black Lives Matter Movement, and one of the last interviews he conducted before his death. America lost an icon, but we join so many in celebration of his life, legacy and immeasurable contributions to the Civil Rights Movement and the nation through public service.”
“JOHN LEWIS: IN HIS OWN WORDS” will recount some pivotal moments in the life of John Lewis, including his days as a courageous Freedom Rider, being an organizer and speaker at the 1963 March on Washington, surviving Bloody Sunday on the Edmund Pettus Bridge in 1965, becoming an outspoken Congressman, champion of equal rights and being an advocate and supporter of the Black Lives Matter Movement.
“Sunday BEst” AIRS SUNDAYS at 8 PM ET/PT on BET & BET Her
Episode #1004 premieres, Sunday July 26- The Remix: Yolanda Adams performs, and the 9 remaining competitors take an R&B classic and remix it with a gospel twist. Direct from their homes, contestants perform their remixed song for the judges hoping to make it past the first double elimination.
Press Contact: Dezmon Gilmore [email protected]
“PITCH” AIRS SUNDAYs AT 9 PM ET/PT on BET
Episodes #103 and 104 air, Sunday July 26 at 9 PM ET/PT– Pitch is the dramatic and inspirational story of a young pitcher who becomes the first woman to play Major League Baseball. A beautiful, tough and gifted athlete, Ginny Baker played by Kylie Bunbury (“Under The Dome”) is vaulted into instant fame when she’s called up by the San Diego Padres to make her Major League debut. From executive producers Dan Fogelman (“Cars,” “Crazy, Stupid, Love.”) and Rick Singer (“Younger”) the series stars include Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Mo McRae, Holder, Ali Larter, Tim Jo, Michael Beach, Dan Lauria and Mark Consuelos.
Press Contact: Luis Defrank [email protected]
CBS ALL ACCESS’ “THE GOOD FIGHT” AIRS ON MONDAY, JULY 27 & TUESDAY, JULY 28 STARTING AT 8 PM ET/PT
CBS All Access, ViacomCBS’ subscription video on-demand and live streaming service, today announced that some of the most culturally relevant episodes from the third season of its critically acclaimed original series, THE GOOD FIGHT, will air this Monday, July 27 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) and Tuesday, July 28 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) in a special marathon event on BET, the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience.
The series, from executive producers Robert and Michelle King (“The Good Wife,” EVIL), has been praised by critics and fans alike for its uncanny ability to speak to the world in which we live. The special presentation on BET will showcase six episodes from the series’ third season, which debuted in March 2019, where the lawyers at Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart are faced with issues spanning racial biases inside and outside of the office, political resistance, pay disparity, white privilege, voter fraud and more.
The following selection of episodes will air Monday, July 27, 8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT on BET:
● “The One About the Recent Troubles” (Season 3, Episode 1) – Season three premiere. A storm is brewing at Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart when revelations of past indiscretions involving a partner come to light. Right when she thought the world couldn’t get any crazier, an incident at home pushes Diane (Christine Baranski) to her breaking point. Meanwhile, Lucca (Cush Jumbo) is brought a new opportunity while Marissa (Sarah Steele) teaches Maia (Rose Leslie) to toughen up.
● “The One Inspired by Roy Cohn” (Season 3, Episode 2) – Corruption incarnate enters the courtroom in the form of attorney Roland Blum (Michael Sheen), Maia’s new co-counsel on a murder trial. The firm interviews a potential new head of matrimonial law, but Lucca is skeptical of his qualifications. Diane lets off some steam after finding out who recommended Kurt for a new job.
● “The One where Diane Joins the Resistance” (Season 3, Episode 3) – Diane is encouraged to “do something” after meeting the leader of a female resistance group whose aim is to sink POTUS’ approval rating. Maia and Blum’s plan for a plea deal goes awry when Assistant State’s Attorney Spencer Zschau takes over the case. Lucca receives a surprising new divorce referral while Marissa helps Julius (Michael Boatman) find a campaign manager to support his run for federal judgeship.
The following selection of episodes will air Tuesday, July 28, 8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT on BET:
● “The One with Lucca Becoming a Meme” (Season 3, Episode 4) – Lucca’s involvement in a viral “mothering while Black” video sparks conversations at Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart that unearth racial biases and pay disparity at the firm. Liz (Audra McDonald) joins Diane at a resistance group meeting but their next act -- to help swing votes in key states -- hits close to home when the group decides they need a celebrity influencer. Maia faces serious consequences at the firm thanks to Blum.
● “The One Where a Nazi Gets Punched” (Season 3, Episode 5) – Blum weasels his way to a co-counsel seat on Reddick, Boseman & Lockhart’s largest case against genetics testing company Second Helix. While volunteering as democratic poll watchers in the suburbs of Chicago, Lucca and Jay (Nyambi Nyambi) come face to face with an alt-right group aiming to intimidate voters. Meanwhile, Maia attempts to move on while the partners grapple with a divided firm following revelations of pay disparity.
● “The One Where Diane and Liz Topple Democracy” (Season 3, Episode 7) – Diane and Liz deal with a close ally when assigned to a class action case involving malfunctioning voting machines in the 2016 presidential election. Blum’s domineering tactics continue to push buttons at the firm while he purposefully stalls his work on Second Helix. Lucca is intrigued by a handsome associate of Blum’s.All four seasons of THE GOOD FIGHT are available to binge exclusively on CBS All Access. The series has also been renewed for a fifth season, coming next year. For more details on CBS All Access, please visit https://www.cbs.com/all-access.
BET Press Contact: Luis Defrank [email protected]
“CARL WEBER’S THE FAMILY BUSINESS” STREAMING NOW ON BET+
Episode #204 “Heat it up” – With things spinning out of control and Paris in Europe, London teams up with Sasha in an attempt to hunt down Brother X and Elijah.
BET, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African-American audience. The primary BET channel is in 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, sub-Saharan Africa and France. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions including BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET’s growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
BET+ is a premium online streaming service with exclusive originals and thousands of TV episodes and movies from the best Black creators. A joint venture between BET Networks and Tyler Perry Studios, BET+ allows users to stream Black culture including hit movies, TV shows, stand-up comedy, award shows, and specials, all in one place, commercial free. The new service from BET Networks, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc., is the official home of Tyler Perry’s film, TV and stage works. The ad-free subscription video-on-demand service also provides users with access to original content from the likes of Will Packer, Tracy Oliver and many more. Visit BET.Plus to learn more.