SECRETS. POWER. REVENGE AND RATINGS SUCCESS. OVER 3 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS TUNED IN TO THE SEASON FINALE NIGHT OF “TYLER PERRY’S THE OVAL” ON BET AND BET HER
“Tyler Perry’s The Oval” delivered its highest rated episode in the season and reigns as the #1 TV program for the night for African Americans P18-49, P25-54, and P2+, respectively
The Season finale night grew its audience +54% versus L+SD logging double-digit ratings lift
+55% (Episode #124) and +52%(Episode #125)
New York, NY – July 27, 2020 – Tyler Perry delivers another BET hit! Over 3.2 Million Total viewers P2+ tuned in during last Wednesday’s season finale of, “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” (L3 simulcast across BET and BET Her on 7/22/20) with 2.9 Million Total viewers tuning in to BET alone*. Episode #125 delivered its highest-rated episode in the season.* The final two episodes of the series also logged double-digits-L+3 ratings lift vs. their Live + Same Day numbers, +55% (Episode #124), and +52% (Episode #125).* “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” ranks as the #1 TV program for the night for African Americans P18-49, P25-54, and P2+ respectively.* “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” is the #1 new scripted series on cable for general market viewers P2+ since Q4 2019.* The season averaged over 1.4 Million total viewers P2+ (L3) on BET alone.* Season two of “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” is slated to start production at Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta this August with a premiere date to be announced at a later time.
- Episode #124 premiere telecast (Live + 3): .632 P18-49 rating, 1.5 M total viewers P2+ (Simulcast across BET and BET Her); .587 P18-49 rating, and 1.4 M total viewers P2+ (on BET alone).
- Episode #124 grew +55% in Live + 3 (Adults 18-49).
- Episode #125 premiere telecast (Live + 3): .669 P18-49 rating, 1.7 M total viewers P2+ (Simulcast across BET and BET Her); .642 P18-49 rating, and 1.5 M total viewers P2+ (on BET alone).
- Episode #125 delivered the highest-rated episode in the season. (P2+).
- “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” season finale grew +52% in Live + 3 (Adults 18-49).
Additional highlights on “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” across platforms are listed below:
“Tyler Perry’s The Oval” Nabs multiple #1 rankings*
- “Tyler Perry's The Oval” is the #1 new scripted series on cable for general market viewers P2+ since Q4 2019 (excludes miniseries < 5eps).
- “Tyler Perry's The Oval” was the #1 most social Cable Drama Series on 7/22/2020. (Ranked by total interactions).**
- “Tyler Perry's The Oval” was the #1 most talked about Cable Drama Series among organic audiences on 7/22/2020. (Ranked by total organic Twitter interactions).**
- “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” was the #1 Most Viewed Social show in all of TV Wednesday (7/22/20), excluding sports and news programming.**
“Tyler Perry’s THE OVAL” SEASON 1
“The Oval” tells the story of a family placed in the White House by people of power while also highlighting the personal side and everyday lives of the staff who run the inner workings of the nation’s most iconic residence. Ed Quinn, Kron Moore, Paige Hurd, Daniel Croix Henderson, Javon Johnson, Ptosha Storey, Vaughn Hebron, Teesha Renee, Lodric Collins, Ciera Payton, Taja V. Simpson, Walter Fauntleroy, Brad Benedict, Travis Cure and Matthew Law star in the 25-episodes original series.
“Tyler Perry’s The Oval” is executive produced, directed, and written by Tyler Perry. Michelle Sneed also served as Executive Producer of the series for Tyler Perry Studios.
For more information on “Tyler Perry’s The Oval” visit BET.com/TheOval.
*Source: Nielsen | The Oval Premieres | Total viewer claims for finale night based on Live+3 cumulative sum of average impressions across episodes | Competitive claims based on Live+SD average impressions
**Source: Nielsen Social Content Ratings. Linear measurement for live/new total day programs. 7/22/2020 and 10/23/2019.
BET, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc. (NASDAQ: VIACA, VIAC), is the nation's leading provider of quality entertainment, music, news and public affairs television programming for the African American audience. The primary BET channel is in 90 million households and can be seen in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, sub-Saharan Africa and France. BET is the dominant African-American consumer brand with a diverse group of business extensions including BET.com, a leading Internet destination for Black entertainment, music, culture, and news; BET HER, a 24-hour entertainment network targeting the African-American Woman; BET Music Networks - BET Jams, BET Soul and BET Gospel; BET Home Entertainment; BET Live, BET’s growing festival business; BET Mobile, which provides ringtones, games and video content for wireless devices; and BET International, which operates BET around the globe.
About Tyler Perry Studios
Tyler Perry Studios is a state-of-the-art film and television production facility founded in 2006 by actor, producer, filmmaker, playwright, and philanthropist Tyler Perry. Located in Atlanta, Georgia on the historic grounds of the former Fort McPherson army base, the new 330-acre campus is one of the largest production studios in the country. It boasts a variety of shooting locations including 40 buildings on the national register of historic places, 12 purpose-built sound stages, 200 acres of green space and an expansive backlot.
For BET Networks:
For Tyler Perry Studios: