The culturally-charged, performance-driven, thought-provoking "BET Awards" returns for its 18th year and as with previous years is expected to turn out a show like no other. The “BET Awards” raises the standard, year over year, for one of the most intently unconventional, news-provoking and talked-about broadcasts. The iconic broadcast continues to tackle culturally relevant topics and conversations, delivering some of the most memorable moments in Award show history. The "BET Awards" recognizes artists, entertainers, and athletes across over 19 categories.
News programs and services may excerpt portions of the 2018 “BET AWARDS” telecast during the seven days following the live telecast on June 24, 2018 solely for reporting about the 2018 “BET AWARDS” as an event and subject to the following conditions.
- Broadcast Restrictions:
- Up to three minutes in total, but no more than thirty seconds of any single moment or performance, may be used within the period ending the first day following the telecast.
- Up to one minute in total, not separate from the three minutes referenced above and no more than thirty seconds of any single moment or performance may be used within the period of the second through seventh days following the telecast.
- Any display, exhibition or performance of the material must be accompanied by the chyron, “Courtesy of BET”.
- Online Restrictions
- Otherwise, up to thirty seconds of any single moment or performance may be used as part of a wrap-up package through the seventh day following the telecast (For purposes of clarification you may NOT use portions of the 2018 “BET AWARDS” as standalone video assets).
- Any display, exhibition or performance of the material must be accompanied by the chyron, “Courtesy of BET”, and a link to www.bet.com